Saturday, February 13, 2010

Papa's Storm


Darkened tree barks scattered all through the forest;
Coated with deep green leaves which grew like a chorus!

Hot, humid, the middle of the day.
Thunderstorms rolling in the company of a dominant clang!

Rain hits the asphalt like the sounds of drummers coming from his past.
Oh Jah, what a mighty task.

Listen.
So strong, so much force!

Smell the heat, the dampness, the stillness too.

I’m thinking of you papa this storm reminds me of you.

I want to hear your laughter just one more time!
Talk to you or see your face.
But your body has grown weary and has quit the race.

Since the day you left me, no salt left in my tears.
I’m feeling your vibe while reminiscing the years.

I heard the storm roar as ferocious as the lions in the jungle,
And wished you were here to witness this tunnel.

Just at that moment a warm breeze blew by the side of my ear;
Letting me know your were standing right there.

Without warning, I felt you’re arms slowly wrapping around my body,
Caressing me just as you did when I was young.

Your strong hands stroking my hair telling me baby, daddy’s right here.

I’ll never leave my little girl again.

If you need to talk,
Just pray on Papa’s storm!



1 comment:

  1. Luv this one Bo. It reminds me of my dad and makes me want to call and talk to him.

    ReplyDelete